Are you a fan of sci-fi/horror with a desire to write for digital games? Embreate, a Toronto-based game developer, is looking for a Game Writer for our new adventure games.
Who You Are
- You are passionate about horror and/or sci-fi.
- You enjoy comics, games and immersive experiences.
- You have a demonstrated ability to conceive, structure and craft a compelling character- driven story.
- Ideally, you have experience writing story games and/or choose-your-own-adventure formats.
What You Will Do
You will work with the game designer, programmers and artists to craft compelling scenarios and choices for players; specific focus is on world building and characterization.
How To Apply
Send three (3) short samples of your writing (250 words). Preferred formats include excerpts from short stories and/or comic/film/game script.
Please provide context for each sample you submit by specifying:
- Logline (if this is an excerpt from a bigger project)
- Format (script, short story etc.)
- Genre (Sub-genre)
Please also specify if this work is published not. If yes, please specify publisher. Note: Online links to work are preferred.
Once submitted, please allow 1 - 2 weeks for us to process and review your package. We will contact successful candidates only, via email, to coordinate a meeting with our team.
Submit your package or any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. ** Compensation commensurate on experience.
This is a contract position starting Summer 2016. We are accepting submissions from applicants worldwide.
Deadline: July 31st, 2016