Deadline: March 1, 2020
Location: Toronto, with option to work remote
Timeframe: Spring/Summer 2020
Contract Type: Part Time Contract
Embreate is looking for a children’s science educator to assist in writing a web series based on What If, the most watched science & technology series on the globe (according to Tubular Labs). The What If audience has requested content they can share with their children, and we’re delivering with a spin-off series!
You will work with the team reviewing the existing What If episodes and help determine the most appropriate scientific concepts for our audience. Your primary role will be developing the script for the key learning principles for the series. The story producers will use your document as a guide when developing the episode.
- A proven track record educating children in our target age range of 8-11, or close to it.
- Knowledgeable in a wide range of science, from astronomy, the environment, physics and anatomy.
- S/he must be able to communicate scientific concepts, such as black holes, that children can understand in a visual medium.
- Dialogue writing experience for TV, podcast or even a blog is welcome, but not essential.
Fill out our streamlined recruitment form. The only information we require is;
- years of relevant experience you have (i.e. elementary or high school teacher)
- up to three examples of learning material you’ve created.
We are accepting applications immediately.
We thank all applicants but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.