Job Description - Back-End Developer
Location: Toronto, ON
Start: January 2019
Salary: (Hourly) Commensurate on experience
Who We Are
Embreate is a fast-growing Toronto-based digital design and animation studio with expertise in games, comics, film and immersive technology. Clients include Dreamworks, Manulife, National Basketball Association and TD Bank.
What You Will Do
We are looking for a talented and motivated back-end developer to help design and implement web-based experiences.
- High proficiency in NodeJs
- Experience with relational database systems such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
Who You Are
- You are able to work in a team environment while also being able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- You can work against deadlines and still be motivated to deliver quality work.
- You are a self-driven individual who is resourceful and innovative. You are a problem-solver.
How To Apply
To make the process of applying easy for you we simply ask you to submit a resume and a list of the last three projects you’ve recently worked on you think best represent your ability to facilitate a project through our Google Form. You may also provide a link to your website and/or to the projects you have highlighted. Please be sure to include your involvement and role in each project.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.