An open call for illustrators to create a character for our LGBTQ+ themed arcade game to be featured at this years Toronto Pride. $100 compensation provided. Deadline June 5th.
For this year’s Nuit Rose Festival, Embreate will be creating an interactive installation in the vein of the classic 80s arcade game “Duck Hunt”. Players shoot rainbows at recognizable anti-LGBTQ+ figures such as Fred Phelps transforming them into fabulous rainbow pooping Unicorns. We want your help to create the games flying bad guys.
What You Will Do
- Create a two frame animation depicting a person that has spoken against the LGBTQ+ community.
- The game is based on Duck Hunt so the bad guy needs to be a bird of some sort.
- No limitations on art style.
- The final art will be delivered as two 512x512 png assets that make up the simple animation.
- While we would prefer the creatures to be birds or have wings, we are open to all ideas.
- Artists are also welcome to name their creations as well.
For each artist whose work is chosen to be part of the interactive installation, they will receive a $100 compensation. Artists will also be fully credited for their work.
We want to make the process of submitting easy! All we need is;
- A quick sketch showing your creation, it can be a stick figure drawing!
- One example of your artwork for reference to intended style
- A one sentence description of who inspired your character
- See a sample of a submission below.
We’ve assembled a list of anti LGTBQ+ quote below to inspire your creation.
Please submit your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will confirm we have received your work.
Deadline is June 5th, 2019
Who We Are
Embreate is a fast-growing Toronto-based digital design and animation studio with expertise in games, comics, film and immersive technology. Clients include Dreamworks, Crayola, TD, Manulife, NBA and BMO. See our work at embreate.com.
The example below shows Fred Phelps on a bird’s body. For context, Fred Phelps is the founder of Westboro Baptist Church and has actively spoken against LGBTQ+ rights.
Other quotes from prominent figures you could use to inspire your evil bird submission include;
“If gays are granted rights, next we’ll have to give rights to prostitutes and to people who sleep with St. Bernards and to nail biters.” - Anita Bryant
“[Homosexuality] is unnatural, detrimental and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization.” - Kirk Cameron
“They take it up the ass….this is only for taking a shit” - Mel Gibson
“…by legalizing [homosexuality] you are opening the door to many other things such as bestiality, child molestation, and abortion.” - Sarah Palin
“When did everybody get fucking lumped in with the gays?” or “When did we start giving a sh** about these people?” - Adam Carolla
“You as a man, you open your mouth and take a man’s penis in your face, you are perverted.” or “You are a woman and will shake your face in another woman’s breast, you are perverted.” - Kim Burrell
“I don’t dislike gay people… I just don’t want no other man touching me.” - Bow Wow
“A f—-t is not a homosexual male. A f—-t is any male who acts like a female. There’s a BIG difference.” - Azealia Banks