Location: Toronto, ON
Start: January 2019
Salary: (Hourly) Commensurate on experience
Who We Are
Embreate is a fast-growing Toronto-based digital design and animation studio with expertise in games, comics, film and immersive technology. Clients include Dreamworks, Manulife, National Basketball Association and TD Bank. See our work at embreate.com.
What You Will Do
We are looking for a passionate and talented video editor to create trailers and cut short videos for a wide variety of projects that include comic books, video games, board games & short animated stories.
- Proven ability to capture an audience through the editing of shorts films & trailers, demonstrated by your portfolio submission.
- You have strong proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (especially After Effects and Premiere).
- You will be responsible for post-production tasks including reviewing footage, rough cuts, audio adjustment, colour correction, and final editing using Adobe Premiere Pro.
- You have a deep understanding of fundamental visual design disciplines such as composition, colour, layout, typography, etc.
- You can problem solve in all aspects of video production, including technical and content issues.
- Possess a strong sense of storytelling and rhythm, as well as colour grading, music and audio
- Being able to design and animate quality motion graphic scenes using After Effects and Cinema 4D for a variety of video-related projects is an asset.
Who You Are
- You pride yourself on your ability to adapt your style to the demands of each new project.
- Strong attention to detail
- You are able to work in a team environment while also being able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- You can work against deadlines and still be motivated to deliver quality work.
- You are a self-driven individual who is resourceful and innovative.
How To Apply
To make the process of applying easy for you we simply ask you to submit 1-3 links to short videos/films from your portfolio/demo reel that you think best represent your ability to facilitate the project through our Google Form. Please be sure to include your involvement and role for each video.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.